Translating the theme/plugin using poedit application
Please follow these simple steps to get our compatible themes translated into other languages with WPML (WordPress Multilingual).
- Step 1: Install & activate our WordPress theme.
- Step 2: Open the file “en_US.po” in folder “languages” of Vélo with poEdit. The tool will automatically generate the list that needs translating. Learn how to download and use poEdit in details right here
- Step 3: After the translation is ready, go to File → Save as… to save your translations to a .mo file. Your file should carry the name of the language you will be translating into. Check the Codex page to give your file the right name
- Step 4: Copy that .mo file into “languages” folder of Lincoln theme folder.
- Step 5: Install WPML plugin. Activate the plugin and select the language you want to translate to.
Our themes are 100% compatible with WPML plugin. For more information about the WPML plugins, please refer to its documentation or in theme package.