Basic Requirement for Theme Installation
Basic Installation for our theme has never been so easier, but you need to know some of the requirements before getting started.
To install the theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. Make sure your installed WordPress version is 4.0 or higher. You also need to have PHP 5.2.4 or higher versions(recommended is PHP 5.3+) and MySQL 5.0 to function correctly. If you need help installing WordPress, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex
Purchase our theme then you can download our template package on there.
Extract our full package, then you will see all the files and folders, including 01 .zip file (this is the file you need to add to the theme installation) and 06 folders which are Child-Theme, Documentation, Ebook, Licensing, Plugins and Sample Data.
Install via WordPress
Following some steps below, you can completely install our themes in few minutes.
Step 1: After getting the installation zip file of Lincoln, you should navigate to Appearance >>> Themes.
Step 2: Click Add New and then wait while the theme uploaded and installed.
Step 3: Click to activate it.
Step 4: Done
Install via FTP
- Step 1 – Log into your hosting space via an FTP software.
- Step 2 – After you downloading our full package on ThemeForest and unzip it, you will see 7 files and folders. Then continue to unzip the installation .zip file as we mentioned above.
- Step 3 – Upload the extracted theme folder into wp-content >>> themes folder.
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance >>> Themes and activate it.
- Step 5 – Follow the steps to install and activate. The other necessary plugins we have included in Lincoln and all will be ready to use when you do it right.
Common Install Errors
1. Are You Sure You Want To Do This?
If you get the “Are You Sure You Want To Do This” message when installing Lincoln via WordPress, it means you have an upload file size limit. Install the theme via FTP if this happens, or call your hosting company and ask them to increase the limit.
2. Upload size limit
If you get this message when you install our theme on localhost, here is a solution for you:
- Through php.ini file
Step 1 – Find the php.ini file on your host
Step 2 – Find the following lines and adjust the value. We suggest changing the upload file limit to 10M
- Through function.php
You may add the mentioned code below in the functions.php file of your theme
@ini_set( ‘upload_max_size’ , ’64M’ )
@ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ’64M’);
@ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘300’ );
- Through .htaccess method
You may try modifying the existing .htaccess file in the root directory or creating a new one.
Add the following code in the existing or new htacess file:
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M;
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300